Friday, February 14, 2014

Review: Kiss of a Wolf by Leah D.W.


Book Description

February 10, 2014
My sister is dying.
I am falling for her boyfriend.
And I have just been bitten by a werewolf.
The world of paranormal creatures found its way to my window the night I went out to the forbidden woods outside of town in search of a witch. Witches have magic and that meant getting a cure for my sister before the illness in her system took her from me.
Instead I found something that threatened my own life and my eyes were opened to what was really hiding in the woods.
Something with teeth.
And it was out for blood.
Review:

This was a short and to the point novella. What surprised me the most was how quickly the emotions I felt when I started to read this book, and most of you know I am big about connecting and feeling for the characters. 

Vivian or Vee, as she is called by her family, is  a young girl desperate to help her dying sister and when I say she is willing to do anything I mean anything to save her.  At first,  the stubbornness Vee has is almost overwhelming, then I have to remind myself she is a young girl desperate to do anything for the sister she loves.

The anger I felt for some characters was immediate and the ending well...... oh to end it like that.. I need more . I need to know what happens and I hope for a longer story. I enjoy novellas, but I always end up craving more, if the story was written right. And this one was. It was such a fast paced story but not so much I that I got confused.  Would I read more by this author? Absolutely.. Do I want more of Vee, Jessie , Kimber and the pack ? Definitely.. 

So if you are looking for a short bite.. pun intended this book is for you. I think you will enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment