Sunday, January 19, 2014

Review: Shadow's Dangers by Cindy Mezni



Appearances can be deceiving…


Losing a loved one is never easy. Although Deliah learned to live without her parents when fate took them from her as a young girl, history repeats itself and causes her to face even greater challenges when Tess, the woman who raised her and was like a second mother to her, passes away. But even worse than dealing with her loss is the coinciding arrival of inexplicable nightmares that haunt Deliah’s nights.


She becomes consumed with images she didn’t understand and a recurrent dream about her parents’ car accident. Oddly, this dream details different versions from what she had always been told about the accident.


But when a new family, The Wates, arrive in town and begin to pay close attention to her, even stranger events follow. Now, Deliah must not only face her nightmares, but the possibility that a world she never suspected exists. And this world may cost her everything.

REVIEW 

When I asked to review this book, I agreed for the two reasons one it's in the genre I love and two the unique premise of the story.  Normally I could figure out just what kind of supernatural being is featured at the beginning but not with this book. I found myself being pulled into the mystery of what exactly was Garreth and his family.  All kinds of theories were bounced around in my head and none came even close to what they actually were.  This made this book such a fun read for me. It kept me guessing all the way to the end. I had to force myself to put it down  and even when I did I found myself still thinking about what could this family be?

I loved the fact as well, this was written in Deliah's POV,  I could really feel her pain , frustration and confusion as to all the events that happened in her life.  And if I was her I definitely could understand her confusion to all visions and recurring nightmares she was having.  I could also understand her hatred for her sister, Anna , she made me want to reach in the book and slap her myself for the way she treated Deliah.  I am still holding out hope in the future book or books that this relationship can be repaired somehow.

Overall I loved this book, loved the fact I felt like a detective trying to solve the mystery and in the end I still didn't end up guessing what this family was. It's such a unique paranormal twist that I think most of you that love paranormal books will find this book fascinating. I know I surely did.







No comments:

Post a Comment